[Coco] Re: Look what's on eBay / CGP-115 split gears

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Oct 14 23:39:46 EDT 2006

In a message dated 10/14/06 2:23:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kevdig at hypersurf.com writes:

>The  drill bit I was using doesn't seem to be removing any material. What
>kind and size of bit have others tried?

Sounds like the split gear is just expanding around your drill bit, the  same
as it does on the shaft.

Maybe your bit needs to be sharper along its side flukes.
Or you could try somehow compressing the gear so it stays "closed" while  you
run the drill bit into it.

Or maybe you can find a mini-reamer tool that can enlarge the hole ever so
slightly.
--Mike K.