[Coco] Re: Look what's on eBay / CGP-115 split gears

Stan Blazejewski stanblaz at netspace.net.au
Wed Oct 11 05:36:50 EDT 2006

I tried a simple fix that worked & has lasted for years on a number of these
The gears split because they are a press fit.  When removed from the shaft you
will notice that the split 'disappears' so I drilled out the hole in the gear so
that it was an 'interference' fit (slides on with no slack & won't grip the
shaft), roughed up the shaft a bit & glued on the gear with super glue.
Works a treat & will never give problems again.

stanblaz at netspace.net.au
www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)