[Coco] Re: Look what's on eBay / CGP-115 split gears

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 14:25:02 EDT 2006

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:46:51 EDT - KnudsenMJ wrote:

>> But  who has the gears? Mine has a split paper advance gear.  :(
>

> Don't  all CGP-115s end up with a split gear on the step motor  shaft?
> ISTR this being mentioned a few times before.
> I had one, it was lots of fun to program and play with, but that gear was
> starting to crack, so I sold it cheap.

This is the condition my CGP-115 quickly fell onto after purchasing it
on Ebay years ago. Tried to repair it but didn't actually put "my
heart" into it so the thing sits in the closet right now. A year ago
or so I got my hands on a PC-2 bundle... the printer/cassette
interface has the same technology on the printer side as the CGP-115,
and the flimsy advance gear is also loose on its metal shaft... that
special radial split that renders the whole thing useless.

Been thinking of replacing that plastic gear with something more solid
but it is one of those projects...

-=[ Rogelio ]=-