[Coco] Reading and Writing CoCo RSDOS disks on PC

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 13:20:30 EDT 2006

My Deskpro only runs at 200 Mhz.  It behaves the same running port.exe .
  The 360k floppy works fine from within the emulator and with linux.

  I read somewhere that port.exe will work if you set the floppy as a 1.2MB type
  in the BIOS.  I haven't had a chance to try that because the emulator became
  a whole lot less important since I got a TC^3 controller.

  If you want to copy a whole diskette to the PC's hard drive you don't need port.exe,
  just dskini.exe

  -jim

tonym <tonym at compusource.net> wrote:
  Having some issues -

Got a Compaq Deskpro EN, like 800MHz P3, installed HD, DOS 6.22, removed CD, installed 5.25" 360KB floppy drive.

Man - what a flashback machine!

Anyways, using port.exe, can't read any CoCo floppies.
Dskini.exe will format it, but port.exe will not read what dskini just formatted.

DOS will format, copy to, and read from it, so i know the floppy is good.

Any ideas?

Any other software to use to image coco floppies for archiving?

Tony