[Coco] WOHEE-HAA!

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sun Oct 8 06:28:43 EDT 2006

The saga continues;

The first cable modem that I had on hand passed it's self tests, but would
not do Ethernet.  So we went to Wal-mart and got a gateway router and cable
modem.  The router turned out to have been used and someone had set the
security password, so I was unable to administer it's settings.  One more
trip to Wal-mart.  Then yesterday we came home to find both router and cable
modem dark and evidence of a power outage.  All of the UPSs showed no
problems.  The quick tests had me looking at the power supplies.  Lo and
behold, both power supplies were dead.  Yet another trip to Wal-mart, and of
course another call to customer service to register the new MAC address.

I will say that, when it works, it works nice.  Now I'm off to check
CoCo3-dot-com for the latest on my favorite computer and yahoo to adjust
some settings.

As to the price of gas?  I remember 29 cent gas.  So when did it drop?  ;)

Bruce W.