[Coco] [Color Computer] My Coco III...

Al Hartman alhartman at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 20:59:32 EDT 2006

I missed winning several on eBay, and I'm still trying to fix mine.

I'm going to hit a few stores tomorrow in an attempt to buy a 40 pin
socket so I can desolder the 6809 and put a new one in.

There is no 512k upgrade in this one, so I'll be getting one
eventually from Cloud-9 when they make them again. I'll probably get
the new Superboard and a PC Keyboard Adapter.

I have lots of 256k and 1mb SIMMS here...

Maybe I can trade some to Cloud 9?

My Coco III boots to a Pink Screen. I know I've tried replacing the
GIME to no avail.

I was advised to replace the 6809 next.

So, that's my next step.

I've been playing with Jeff Vavasour's Coco 2 Emulator all morning on
my old P166 box that has a 5.25 Floppy drive. Using it to access old
backups of the manuals for Zebra's Products, and making disk images of
CGDP and the font/clipart/border disks.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: