[Coco] KA9Q

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue Nov 21 00:36:09 EST 2006

>From: Leon Howell <puritan_2076 at yahoo.com>
>Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:29:01 +0000 (UTC)

>You got it to connect? Wow! I couldn't even confirm that it has a terminal-
>like function. Or did you use it with a terminal program?

As far as I can tell, it doesn't have a dialer or terminal program.

I had a lot of problems getting a terminal program to log in with that
would then exit or suspend, while leaving the serial port open, so
KA9Q could take over.  (This may be, at least partially, a problem to
be solved on the linux side by giving agetty the proper options.)

Trying to debug a slip connection when there's problems on both ends
is .... educational. :-/

>Sounds like youre doing pretty good.

I did get an FTP session open.  Couldn't transmit files but I did have
an open session.

I'm also not sure how fast a connection it can tolerate.  At 4800 I
was either losing packets like mad or I've got other problems.

>Keep trying.

Of course. :-)

>You know more than I do. At this rate, the second dumbest person on
>this group (and no, I'm not calling anyone anything! ;) probably
>knows more than I ever will.

Don't sell yourself so short.   I know we've crossed words a couple of
times, but there's just something about the Net that encourages
flamage.

>But I did get a book called "Professional Programming Concepts" that
>takes the reader from Basic to C... so I'll "C" if I can learn
>anything...

Interesting.  That could be a good book.  Have fun with it.

>Meanwhile, have fun and let us know what you find!

So far, so good.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA