[Coco] Running 5.25" drives with Win 2000

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Tue Nov 21 00:35:06 EST 2006

The problem I seem to be having isn't with Windows 2000
(not XP) but with the Motherboard of the one PC I am
trying to work with.  I set the system up to have two 3.5"
drives, and only the A drive works.  The B drive does not
work.  I swapped drives ( A<->B) and only the A drive
works, regardless of the 3.5" drive connected to it.

When I change the BIOS so that the A drive is a 5.25"
drive it cannot see the media.  A combo drive worked only
when it was dive A and set to 3.5", but the 5.25" drive
still didn't work.

This could be due to the fact that the install of Windows
does not have any service packs installed, or this
particular Windows 2000 CD (OEM CD) was build without
5.25" floppy support.

-Jim