[Coco] Dos ROMS.

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 19 22:45:35 EST 2006

Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
><snip>
> The other problem with this, is once I have added support for things
> like this I tend to get pestered by people for all the roms it supports,
> I would of course not hand out copies of a product still being sold,
> (actually at the mo since I don't own a copy of HDB, that would be
> impossible for me to do anyways :) ). I could of course flag the rom as
> optional, which I believe means that if it's there it can be used if it
> is not it can't :)
>
> Cheers.
>
> Phill.

I think you are making this too complicated. Can't MESS be modified so
that the gui has the option of selecting the disk ROM? Put another way,
MESS needs the ability to select any ROM file regardless of name for the
disk ROM.

If the above was implemented, then there is no need to MESS to "support"
or even know what is used for the disk ROM. It would just load it as it
currently does for disk11.rom and either the ROM would work or not.
That's what happens when I use RGBDOS except I'm forced to rename it
disk11.rom.