[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: Speech n Sound Pack Emulation???

tlindner at macmess.org tlindner at macmess.org
Thu Nov 9 10:05:37 EST 2006

James Diffendaffer <jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com> wrote:

> A while back, did someone say they were adding support for the Speech
> n Sound Pack to a Coco emulator?
> I'm working on some code for it and testing on a real coco isn't
> convenient at the moment.

I have a partial emulation. I have completed the PIC7040 (CPU), AY8910
(PSG), and RAM. But the SPO256 (speech chip) is still not emulated in
MAME/MESS.

So it's not that useful at the moment.

In fact it isn't even in the mainline code base. It sits quietly in a
feature request in the MESS bugzilla.

The only bright spot is that the SPO256 is _completely_ understood and
being emulated in other projects. No one has done it for MAME/MESS yet.

--
tim lindner
tlindner at macmess.org                                              Bright