[Coco] Serial Port file transfers

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 12:15:03 EST 2006

Ack!  I'd assumed that since the Linux end was set for hardware flow control the OS9 end must be using it too. I may have had the patch you mention. Didn't it add a bigger buffer to prevent overruns?

At least my floppies have retained info better than my brain has over the last 11 years.  The patch may be on one of like fifty disks labeled "C Compiler" or "OS9 Level 2 (patched)".

Thanks!

-jim

Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

If you can't set the ports any higher than 2400 baud, you have a flow
control miss-match I think.  And because the acia chip has a bug, there
was a minor re-wire of the rs-232 pack and a patch for sacia that fixed
that bug if you wanted to use hardware flow control, commonly called
7-wire.  That patch should be in the later sacia modules, its enabled by
one of the xmode options and isn't documented anyplace but in that patch's
readme that I know of.

Unforch, I don't recall the name of the patch, and I'm not sure that it
survived the hack job when rtsi got hacked into several years ago.  I
don't believe I have it myself now, as it was a casualty of a flaky hard
drive & controller a decade+ back up the log.