[Coco] NOS9 mb script

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 1 10:53:24 EST 2006

Chester A Patterson wrote:
> This is my startup. Pretty simple. But from TERM_32 it freezes at the
> wcreate. Judging from the HD noises (it makes PLENTY of noises that I've
> learned to interpret and love), the three /w get created, but then the
> freeze. This same startup has no problems at all from a TERM_80
>
> Link shell
> Setime <1
> Date t
> Load utilpak1
> Montype r
> Wcreate -z
> /w1 -s=2 0 0 80 24 5 2 2
> /w2 -s=2 0 0 80 24 6 2 2
> /w3 -s=2 0 0 80 24 7 2 2
>
> Shell i=/w1&
> Shell i=/w2&
> Shell i=/w3&
>
> I tried a different approach
>
> Link shell, etc
> Load wcreate
> Wcreate /w1 -s=2 0 0 80 24 5 2 2
> Wcreate /w2 -s=2 0 0 80 24 6 2 2
> Wcreate /w3 -s=2 0 0 80 24 7 2 2
> Unlink wcreate
> Shell i=/w1&, etc
>
> Same problem.
>
> /Chester
 ><snip>

I ran your first script as a startup file with NitrOS-9 6309L2 v3.2.6
using the 80 track disk. Term was the 32 vdg screen but both cowin and
covdg were in os9boot along with w1-w7.

The test was made using MESS v1.09 rather than a Coco3 but that should
not matter. NitrOS-9 booted into a vdg term and three 80 column text
windows were started with black screens and different colored text.

Just to be sure, I then copied the image to a real floppy and booted
from a Coco3 with 512K RAM. This test was also successful.

Don't know what to say as I can't reproduce your problem.

Hold everything, stop the presses!!!

Is the   Setime <1   in your script a typo or what is actually in your
startup file? Nothing after that line will run because it will generate
an error. The correct syntax when used in a script file is:

Setime .1