[Coco] MESS + NitrOS-9 = fun

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Fri Nov 24 02:08:24 EST 2006

(btw, new member to the list, I've been reading via gmane for a week though)

I don't know if you all know this, and I don't know if the other emulators are
able to do it, but with MESS you can make 2-megabyte virtual floppies (128
cylinders, double sided, 32 sectors per cylinder) in NitrOS-9. I use this for
moving crap between Windows/Linux and my CoCo VHD because the Win32 NOS9
Toolshed doesn't work (some Borland RTL thing -- doesn't include the
redistributables).

It's possible you may be able to use larger ones, but format won't write them.

Anyway, <http://www.d2dc.net/~deek/Blank2M.zip> is a 3K zip file including a
blank 2M .os9 file, and a .dd to make OS-9 handle it.