[Coco] Serial Port file transfers

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 23:03:14 EST 2006

What sort of speeds should I be expecting from a 512k CoCo running NitrOS9, with an RS-232 pack connected to a Linux system's serial port?  I'm trying to transfer files and it's taking forever using floppies and the PCDos program.

Using rz/sz on the coco I can set the ports no higher than 2400 bps.  I can bump it up to 4800 if transferring using Supercomm's Xmodem transfer.  Is this really the limit?   Maybe I should give up on serial transfers and use CD-ROM's?

-jim hickle