[Coco] Coco3 in a box

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Fri May 26 16:21:04 EDT 2006

Chester A. Patterson wrote:
> I've got a perfect big old AT box and a 200W power supply (+5 at 20A,
> +12 at 8A, -5 at 0.3A and -12 at 0.3A)
>
> Question is, what voltages do I connect where? I look at the schematic and
> see, from the pwr supply, one + and one - coming off the diode bridge going
> to IC8 AND I see one lead (P1?) running off to the TV modulator (which I've
> removed) and from there an 8V lead that goes I know not where.
>
> Gotta power the MPI and all the other stuff as well.
>
> Thanks.
>
> /Chester

I'd say the easiest thing to do would be to remove the large power
resistor and feed +5 into the land it was connected to. You'll have to
check the schematic though to determine which side to feed. I don't have
  it handy.

The entire 5V supply for the CoCo3 runs from the pass transistor and
through that big resistor.

You can then feed +12 and -12 into the 3 pin AC connector, which will
give you video modulator, sound, and RS232 power.

-Mike