[Coco] nitros9.org

Bruce W. Calkins brucecalkins at bellsouth.net
Wed May 17 07:20:35 EDT 2006

Frank,

Although, I can't place a finger on the exact problem you're up against, I
can sympathize.  I ran into many such issues in my early CoCo days.  And
they continue in my Windows XP Pro, 64 Bit Edition days.  Things that
"should" work, did/do not.  Again and again I would follow lines of code,
logic charts, instructions, help files, etc.  Some programs I filed away for
years, until the day I would review them and experience that flat forehead
moment.  (Striking the forehead with one's palm in the blinding flash of
knowledge that, It works THIS WAY, not that way.)  It is so often a matter
of ones overall knowledge base.  Something in all those lines of code,
calls, statements, what-have you, is off a bit.  Syntax, parameters, command
order, it's in there somewhere.

The point?  Patience grasshopper.  Work on something else while your mind
processes this in the background.  All will become clear (As mud? ;) in
time.

Bruce W.