[Coco] new CoCo games

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sat May 13 21:54:08 EDT 2006

At 08:34 PM 5/13/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Roger,
>
>If you complete the game, Of course we would be interested, I for 1, say a
>definite YES, What we lack in the coco community, is new Kick ass games,
>Doesn't matter if It's Arcade, Graphics/Adventure, or what ever, as long as
>we see new material.
>
>I would love to write games for the coco 3, But I'm still a long way off,
>doing that in assembly, Still have a lot to learn yet, before I can even
>attempt such a job.
>
>If we want old time coco users to come back, We need new Games to go with
>all the great Hardware being done for the coco 3. Since If they can do that
>for the old crappy Crumble door C-64, Then for sure we can do stuff, That
>still leaves the C-64 way behind in Graphics and Power.
>
>So come on Guys and Gals, Lets help encourage Roger to complete this game.

You have a point about the new hardware but nothing much to go with it to
use it to its potential.

As for new software, there's also the idea of bugging the heck out of old
CoCo programmers to come up with some of their source code and hand it over
for new projects.  Think about all of that CoCo source code over the years
that nobody wanted to release because they thought they were going to lose
their chance of being a millionaire. :)  I'm sure 99% of it is bitrotted
and 6 feet under, but there's a chance that some of these authors still
have floppy disks full of code.  This would help those who can't sit down
at write a CoCo game from scratch and it would also help gurus produce
something fairly quick.

I'll be glad to release source code to some of my mini games like Pelieti
and Spider-Hype if that will help you set up the CoCo 3 graphics screen,
etc.  There's enough code in there for the skeleton/template of a new
game.  In fact, I'll be reusing a lot of my code in the "would-be"
Microsloth game.

--
Roger Taylor