[Coco] PCCTS

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed May 10 02:59:04 EDT 2006

>From: Boisy Pitre <boisy at boisypitre.com>
>Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 16:22:54 -0500

>One of the fun classes for me this semester was Compiler
>Construction.

Congratulations!  Writing a compiler is interesting, but is a *big*
fscking project.  When I took Compilers the language we wrote a
compiler for was a Python subset, using lex and yacc.

>The semester project for that class consisted of creating a compiler
>for an ADA-type language using a toolset known as PCCTS.  With my
>project completed and graded, I want to share this work with anyone
>who is interested.

I don't know this PCCTS thing.  Will it run under Linux?

>The tie-in to the CoCo is that, besides the compiler, I wrote a
>back-end for the 6809 that translates the compiler's i-code into 6809
>assembly that is readily assembled by rma and linked with rlink.

Hey, that's really neat.

Unfortunately, my compiler was lost in the Great Hard Drive Crash of
2000.  I always thought it would be neat to make it emit 6809 instead
of x86.

What makes you *cool* is that you actually do stuff instead of just
thinking that it would be cool to do. :-)

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko