Nitros9 for the masses (was) Re: [Coco] COCO4 Emulator

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon May 8 09:53:43 EDT 2006

farna at att.net wrote:

> A natural successor could be built,
> in hardware, but it would have to have some backward compatability with
> DECB and at least CoCo3 specific programs.

I think the best consensus that this group can hope for (and interestingly
enough there's an identical thread active in comp.sys.apple2 atm) is that
the "CoCo" means different things to different people in terms of; what
constitutes a "Coco 1/2/3/4" and what doesn't, the merit of backwards
compatibility with software and hardware (peripherals), whether or not it
can run DECB, NitrOS9, etc etc etc.

The fact that I've got it right, and everyone else has got it so wrong - in
so many different ways - is unfortunate, but inevitable. ;)

But seriously, we each have our own interests and ideas for the Coco 4, and
no amount of gentle persuasion or hard sell is going to produce something
we're all happy with.

Regards,