[Coco] CoCo Fest video and chat

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Thu May 4 21:07:25 EDT 2006

My websites aren't CoCo specific, but I definately plan on getting the word
out once the word is known :)

As for Gmail invites, anyone who needs one will get one. Just let me know.

Rod

On 5/4/06, Frank Pittel <fwp at deepthought.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 07:19:22PM -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> > At 06:28 AM 5/4/2006, you wrote:
> > >If the organizers were to commit to a plan of starting preparations
> early,
> > >then someone can be assigned to create and maintain a website detailing
> > >the development of the fest.
> > >When the fest is 2 months away, this would be a websitet that clearly
> and
> > >proffesionally informs anyone browsing the page, not only the what,
> when
> > >and where of the fest but also details the various seminars, formal
> > >discussions, activities, demonstrations, special guests etc that will
> be
> > >present.
> > >Convince several of the large news based websites to write a story (and
> > >add a link) about the event and I'm sure that you will get current,
> past
> > >and even non CoCo users attend...especially people who live within the
> > >region.
> > >Nickolas Marentes
> >

> > I think a more young and energetic person or group should be in charge
> of
> > advertising and getting the word out on the web.  Perhaps these fests
> are
> > just expected to "happen" from now on as if everybody already
> knows.  I'm
> > pretty sure they don't.  I promise you there's more CoCo users out there
> > than there are on this list.  They "outsiders" outnumber us
> greatly.  I've
> > got proof.  I'm sure Boisy and Mark have customer orders to prove this
> as
> > well.
>
> As further proof take a look at ebay. The old coco stuff is going like
> hotcakes
> there. I always seem to be getting beat in auctions there. The question
> is:
> How do we reach these people?
>
> > Maybe those who want more people to come to the fest should dig through
> > their records and compile a list of potential attendees and either
> contact
> > those people directly or give the data to the fest committee, or to a
> new
> > person or group who has the energy and the will power to work hard for
> the
> > cause.  But then again, this takes time and free time might be hard to
> find.
> >
> I've been trying at work and not getting to far. :-( On the positive side
> I hear
> that the old 8-bit computers are becoming popular again. Something about
> "retro-computing". If that's true all we need to do is find a way to reach
> them.
>
> Frank

Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)

NOTICE: Due to Presidential Executive Orders, the National Security Agency
may have read this email without warning, warrant, or notice. They may do
this without any judicial or legislative oversight. You have no recourse nor
protection save to call for the impeachment of the current President.