[Coco] Short Sunday CoCoFest WebCam

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Wed May 3 14:54:15 EDT 2006

This reply is actually to those of us involved in this thread. It's good to read
that no one involved in this thread considered this anything more then a "loud"
discussion. :-) Looking back on it I was a bit quick to refer to the thread as a
flamewar. While not at that level I was afraid that it was going to turn into a
flamewar. I've seen enough of them over the years (and on more then one occasion
joined in on flamewars.). While they can be fun they rarely do more then result in
bad feelings between those that took part. I know that none of us want that. Rather
then trade barbs and insults (I'm not saying that's what was happening) I would
rather see us try to resolve the problem of decreasing attendance at the CocoFest
by both vendors and attendees (sorry couldn't think of a better word).

We have a number of very smart people subscribed to this list and I'm sure that
if we put some thought into it we could more then triple the number of people
participating in the fest. Going back to the web cam idea I think it would be
nice if people at the fest and viewing the goings on at the fest could interact
somehow. Even if it was only via audio the first year. My hope is that people
would see what goes on there and want to go. It may also be worth while to
have some activities planned for the wives,girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands,
significant other and children to do. I wonder if the hotel will allow for a
kids pizza party by the pool!!

Then again In another Email mentioned that this whole thing will blow over and
be forgotten about. Maybe that's the best idea! :-)

Frank