[Coco] Looking for I/O specs for DECB,Nitros,.....

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue May 2 04:26:36 EDT 2006

>Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:16:16 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Brett K Heath <hcmth019 at csun.edu>

>So what I'm asking for is pointers to/copies of technical docs that
>contain this info for any OS, Disk controller, or whatever that is used
>with the coco. I understand that some of this may be proprietary info and
>am not asking anyone to violate confidentiality or copyright, but some
>information is considerably more useful than no information.

The handful of documented ROM calls for BASIC are in the BASIC and
Disk BASIC manuals.   Someone else pointed out the Unravelled books,
and I have to agree with that.

I believe the manuals for OS-9 are buried somewhere in RTSI's incoming
directories.

If you want your FORTH to run on the bare metal, you'll need to bully
someone out of their coco Service Manuals.  Tandy *might* still have
some, but geting them to admit it... Though there might be scans on
RTSI by now...

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA