[Coco] Trouble booting nitros9

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Mon May 1 23:09:09 EDT 2006

Mark,

I spent the last ten years working as a Unix systems administrator.
Of course I have a backup of the CF card. One thing I wish did
was to plug the card into my linux box and use dd to backup the
card. Of course I thought of it just after the card became corrupt!! :-)
In that case I could simply put the image back onto the card. It
would have only taken a couple of minutes.

I didn't use drivewire for the backup. Like you point out, it would
work great. My backup is on a ls120 disk. Unfortunatly I can't access
it without superdrive. Can I load the modules by hand? If so which
modules would I need to access the CF card and the ls120 drive.

I still like the idea of having an emergancy disk that I could boot
that would give me the tools I needed to fix a non-functionaly "disk"

Frank