[Coco] CoCo Fest video and chat

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon May 1 16:08:28 EDT 2006

I'll second what Mark said.  People NEED to attend the fest.  Web
cams are fine, but there are people on this list who have never
attended a CoCo Fest -- that's a travesty.  In spite of having been
at full-time university student for the past two years, I still have
found the time and money to make it to the fest.  Granted, it isn't
cheap, depending on if you fly or drive, and where you live, but
there were at least four people who flew to attend this year's fest
(myself, Dick Albers and his wife, and REVKAK).

As for the fest itself, this year was a blast.  I flew from
Lafayette, LA to O'Hare on Friday afternoon and in spite of heavy
traffic, made it to the hotel around 6:00pm.  After going out to
dinner, Mark, Sandy and I met up with a group in the hotel lobby and
had a great time of discussion up until midnight.  Saturday was
great; the new products like Roy's and Chris' adapters were the hit
of the show, as well as Chris' CDF for NitrOS-9.  It was great to see
new products on the tables and people buying them up.  Carl England's
excellent BACKUP MAGIC (which I completely forgot to buy) was also
there, talk about a cool product!

Then there's the people: Dave Poitras, Roy Justus, James Jones, Wally
Grossman, Dick Crislip, Brian Schubring, Chris Hawks, and all the
others who made an effort to be there.  By coming to the fest, you
get to meet and interact with these guys, talk with them about their
CoCo systems (which are set up at their tables, by the way).  It's an
absolute blast.

I'm sure others will do fuller reviews, but the bottom line is: if
you want to continue to support the CoCo, then stop making excuses
and find a way to get to the fest next year.  Hop a ride with someone
who may be passing through your area, or book a flight NOW while it
is cheap.  Start saving NOW for next year.

Boisy