[Color Computer] [Coco] Rainbow IDE and free CoCo drawing

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 19:57:37 EDT 2006

>Hello gang,
>
>The Rainbow IDE is coming along well now and I'm getting ready to start
>adding compilers and linkers!  Yes, finally.  This is only the start of
>even better things to come.

>Version 1.4 adds the OmniFlop program to the Tools menu so you can have
>access to that program (included) for reading/writing/formatting CoCo
>disks
>from Windows (even XP).  I'm doing it and it works great, especially
>using
>3.5" disks which many CoCo users have started using now.
>
>CoCo and vintage developers... I need your feedback and suggestions,
>and if you buy the IDE you can request features to be added.

I was using a free open source IDE but since my regular dev box is
down I thought I'd give Rainbow IDE a shot.
It looks pretty good and the ability to build disk images that easily
is really nice.  There a few things that are holding me back from
registering for the moment.

1. Can I have it build multiple disk images from one build?  Several
of the things I've worked on require multiple floppies and I need to
be able to put same files on 1 disk and others on all disks.
2. The width of the editing area isn't as wide as I like.
3. I prefer to use some of the 6800 instructions such as DEX
(translates to LEAX  -1,X) and your code highlighting does not support
this.  I just find it a little easier to read that way.
4. I'm not sure what integration it will offer with C compilers.
5. The installer you used says you are using an unregistered copy.  If
you don't register... why should we?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/CFFolB/TM