[Coco] Re: Looking for I/O specs for DECB, Nitros, ..... (CoCo FORTH)

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Tue May 2 07:38:33 EDT 2006

John, Frank Hogg agreed with you... at least until the CoCo3 came out! In "Tandy's Little Wonder" I have an interview with Frank Hogg. Some of you may remember him pushing FORTH in the early days of the CoCo over OS-9. He says he was misunderstood over that issue. He wasn't saying FORTH in general was better than OS-9, but it was a better OS for the CoCo when you were limited to 64K. Once the CoCo3 came out and memory was no longer so limited OS-9 could really outshine FORTH. I'm not positive now, but I think the FORTH package he sold was FORTH-83 compliant. It was about that time anyway...