[Coco] FPGA CoCo

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 27 03:25:39 EST 2006

Paul T. Barton wrote:

> Oh ... when can we purchase one of these?

Heh, as I said, a *long* way to go yet!

I'm not really developing it as a salable product on its own. My projects up
until this point have gotten to what I term the 'proof of concept' stage and
not much further - until the technology is at a point where we can produce
*affordable* hardware to support everything we want to do on it. Then we'll
seriously look at developing all our designs into 'commercial grade' cores.

Having said that, unlike all previous designs, the Coco will not leverage
off existing IP (due to the 6847) and I'll probably release the IP for
people to target to the hardware of their choice.

Regards,