[Coco] Linux<->Windows Ethernet connection

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sun Mar 26 12:31:53 EST 2006

Does anybody know of a good way to network Red Hat Linux 9.0 with Windows
XP SP2 over a cross-over Ethernet connection?

My Linux box is actually a dual-boot system with Windows XP.  I have a
FAT32 drive setup just for swapping files between the two OSes.  If I can
share this drive using some common network protocol that both OSes include
then I suppose this would work.

All of this pertains to CoCo development and web site scripts for
CoCo3.com.  I don;t use Linux for all of my work but mainly, for now, just
use it for compiling HLA software and then I move those Linux binaries back
over to Windows where I upload them to my remote Linux-based web servers
for running.  Until HLA gains the feature to compile Linux binaries from
Windows (it will eventually), I have to work this way if I am to write
software/scripts for Linux systems.

I need to be able to stay working on both Linux and my XP laptop at the
same time and access the Linux files from Windows at any time.

--
Roger Taylor