[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Mar 4 20:58:32 EST 2006

On Saturday 04 March 2006 19:32, KnudsenMJ at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 3/3/06 2:47:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>
>gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:
>>Chuckle, you just made my Day, Mike.   Thanks.
>
>OK!  My big brother taught me to shoot skeet years ago, after the
> previous day spent pulling the handles on his reloading presses.  He
> was  amazed at my beginner's luck.
>--Mike K.

Well, I reload too, and I'm pretty dangerous with a rifle in my hand,
having made one shot kills at 500 yards, and 3 shots, 2 of which hit
within 3" of each other, at 640 yards.  South Dakota has some truely
wide open spaces out on the plains. And I still have that rifle, much
of which I carved or welded up myself, based on a P-17 Enfield. But its
about worn out the next barrel after that one, 2500 rounds or so on the
one thats in it now.

OTOH, I'm about as dangerous as Cheney with a shotgun in hand.  Best
trap round ever I broke 8. Using both barrels of a Winchester Sweet 16
& magnum loads.  Or at least the range crew wanted to know what I was
shooting in that cannon.  Just 1&1/8th oz of #6 and 26gr of herco was
all. :)  I have to confess that load was an attention getter though.
If I connected, the clay was powdered and fell like snowflakes, but not
often enough. :(  After a year of trying to learn to shoot it
instinctively, when I'm a carefull aimer, I gave up and it became part
of a tradein on a car I needed worse, way back then in the mid 60's.

So to this day, when I see somebody doing 23-25 birds a round, I have to
give them a tip of the hat for a job well done with a scattergun that
beat up on me when I was in my prime.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: