[Coco] News of Kevin Darling

John A Podraza tonypodraza at juno.com
Sun Mar 19 23:29:26 EST 2006

Friends,

I've been in contact with Kevin, recently.  With his permission, I would
like to pass on the following:
"Kevin, you are family, a quiet member, but family none the less to the
CoCo Community.  May I pass on the news about your surgery?  I know that
others would like to know about it, and many would keep you in their
thoughts and prayers.  I know that I will."
Reply:
"Yes, I can definitely use all the prayers I can get!
It's esophageal cancer, which is becoming way too common with programmers
who work late and eat poorly.  The operation removes the esophagus and
draws
the stomach up as a replacement.  Two weeks minimum in hospital, and
perhaps
months to learn how to eat again.   I've already been through a couple
months of chemo and rad, which knocked down the cancer pretty well, but
the
operation will improve my chances even more.
My best to everyone at the show!
Thanks!
Kev"

At Kevin's request, I will not give out his address (he commented that it
was so hard to keep addresses free from spam, these days) but I might be
able to forward your responses to him, so he knows just how we feel.
Keep the Subject header as it is, as I will set up an assistant that will
shuttle all of the "Kevin" emails into their own folder.

By the way, there are now nine exhibitors confirmed for the FEST!.  They
are :
FWD Computing                         Tux Driver
Hawksoft                                    Bargeman Research Labs
Luckey's Corner                          Dave & Sue Poitras
Mr. and Mrs. Richard Crislip       Malcolm Cleveland
and Roy Justus!

Tell your friends and relatives about it.  Come One, Come All.  If you
Google "Glenside color" you can get to the Glenside website really,
really easily.  Read previous editions of the newsletter, send club
members e-mails...see my really, really seriously looking picture (I
asked Gator to replace it...fat lot of good THAT did).

Tony Podraza, CoCoFEST! Co-Ordinator
Glenside  Color Computer Club, Inc (which is the)
Sponsor of the 15th Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST!
April 29th  & 30th 2006--Same Familiar Place
Visit our website---http://members.aol.com/clubbbs/glenside