[Coco] CoCo programming

doctorx0079 doctorx0079 at buckeye-express.com
Sat Mar 4 13:11:59 EST 2006

Hi all, I am just getting into CoCo programming again, as a lark and a
hobby. My main goal at this point is to make a simple version of Tetris for
a CoCo 2 in a week, or as fast as I can. I have the original books that came
with it and some experience with (Intel) assembly language programming. My
main questions are:

What's the best way to get files into my CoCo? How can I get a floppy drive
and disks for it?

Is it better to write my program in an emulator and then transfer it over,
or try to do it on the CoCo itself? I'm thinking the former.

How hard is it to get CoCo joysticks these days?

Do I really need EDTASM? Should I get the EDTASM+ cartridge or Disk EDTASM??

Are there any other books I really need?

Anybody done anything like this lately??