[Coco] Format problem in NitrOS9 V030206

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jun 19 04:45:37 EDT 2006

Bob Devries wrote:
><snip>

> The only thing I need to try now is using the *standard* rb1773 driver,
> to see if that makes a difference. If that is the case, I suspect an
> anomoly in the disto version of that driver.
>
> I will continue my investigations, and report further.
> --
> Regards, Bob Devries, Dalby, Queensland, Australia

OK, I repeated essentially the same test except that I used MESS to
generate a boot disk using the Disto no-halt rb1773_scii_ff58.dr driver
by modifying the standard.bl script. The CMDS directory was dsaved from
the distributed boot disk to the new one. This image was transfered to
my Coco3, used to format a disk, and backup a bootdisk. There were no
disk errors and dcheck gave a clean bill of health.

So I can't reproduce your error with either the standard rb1773 or a
Disto rb1773. The CRC of the Disto driver used is $2B3405.