[Coco] drive hastles

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Jun 5 15:43:53 EDT 2006

If all you want to do is boot OS-9 from an 80-track disk, you don't need to do
anything to Ext. ADOS-3.  It will get all the necessary information from the
lower-numbered tracks, which it sees fine.  To get Extended ADOS-3 to work
properly under Basic with an 80-track drive, you'd need to re-burn your EPROM,
since the relevant routine is (I think, tho I'm not 100% certain) switched in
from ROM, not run out of RAM, so pokes won't work.  If you still have the
original Ext. ADOS-3 disk, the instructions are in the config program.  A
possible work-around would be to continue to use your system as 40 tracks
under Basic and use the full 80-track capacity only under OS-9.

Art