HD crash recovery Was - Re: [Coco] [Color Computer] Vintageworld where are you

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Sun Jun 4 11:45:04 EDT 2006

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 13:05:54 -0600
  Alan Jones <ojones at elp.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim, that is exactly what I did! I went to CompUSA
>and bought the enclosure. I slapped my Fugitsu drive in
>the USB enclosure and was able to backup my important
>files to my desktop computer. It only cost about $30 and
>it is a good investment for future use. I had to put the
>drive in  the vertical position or slanted position to
>get the drive to spin and copy the files. But it worked.
>I then put the old drive in the trash! I plan on buying
>me a spare notebook drive and putting it in the enclosure
>so I will have another backup drive for use at work.
>
> Alan

Hi Alan:

Those USB enclosures from CompUSA are cheap enough to be
used for projects.  I currently use one for testing all
the drives I have salvaged.  I just leave it opened so I
can swap out drives faster.  I've thought if might be
interesting to strip one down and use it internally in a
PC case.

-Jim Cox
http://www.miba51.com/