[Coco] drive hastles

Chester A. Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Mon Jun 5 10:11:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

My three 5.25" floppies went belly up (I/O error) Another 5 that I bought at
junk stores don't work. Didn't really expect them to work, desperation I
guess. One original 3.5" 720k and several 1.44M appear fine. ALL my OS9 boot
disks are 5.25" 35 and 40 track. Fortunately I have most of my system files
on 3.5". I hope they read OK!

How do I poke Extended ADOS3 to work with 80 tracks? Then I must somehow
make a 3.5" OS9 boot disk, boot up, make my ST-225 bootable again, and
continue with life working exclusively with 3.5" floppies. I'm trying to get
my rig up and running smoothly after over 12 years and problems just keep
getting in the way!

Thanks for help and suggestions!

/Chet
Costa Rica