[Coco] Top 20 Most Used BASIC Commands

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Mon Jan 30 20:19:27 EST 2006

James Jones wrote:
> Mannequin* wrote:

> If most BASICs didn't let one omit it, the most common statement would
> certainly be LET.
>
> In any case, why speculate when one can calculate? It shouldn't be too
> hard to write a tokenizer for BASIC and feed it a lot of listings. If it
> emits tokens one per line, just pipe the results through
>
> sort | uniq -c | sort -n -k 1,1
>
> and there you have it.
>
>     James

Now why would I want to do that when I have plenty of people here that
could give me a nice list, then I could have a script go through those
and pick the most popular out? Seriously, I don't want to have to
download tons of BASIC programs to find what people used when I have the
authors right here.

What's it take? 2 minutes to think of these... I'm not even expecting
the full 20 out of anyone. I just want something to go on.

Pretty please? Do I have to beg? ;)

(Maybe I don't want the answer to that question...)

-M.