[Coco] Radio Shack CEO Resigns

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 15:28:36 EST 2006

Excuse me for coming in late -- I just recently re-enabled my Coco List  mail
delivery -- but I was surprised to read in the paper that the CEO resigned
from "Radio Shack" and not "Tandy Corp.".  Did Tandy finally change its
official name to Radio Shack, or did Radio Shack spin off from mother  Tandy, or
what?

I always thought that Radio Shack was the better name, since none of  Tandy's
other offerings (like leather kits) were very visible.  But I just  wonder
about the name change.

BTW, the article said that the Shack stores were doing poorly and quite a
few would be closed down.  Probably that will include the nice, but small,  one
here in Bath, ME.  Not that they seem to have any of the parts I need  when I
go there, like MIDI connectors (same as Coco cassette connectors).
--Mike K.