[Coco] Re: Help needed: problems with RETRIEV(E)ing DSK images

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Mon Feb 6 12:27:15 EST 2006

Hi Robert,
thanks for your fast reply.

> Because of the above, any disk I intend to use to transfer data between
> the two units is first formatted on the PC with DSKINI.

I guess this will cause other problems because my PC's drive is an HD
drive (I had a lot of trouble mixing HD & DD drives and media). However,
I'll try it with a "virgin" DD disk, formatting this one with the PC's
HD drive and JV DISKINI and using a backup program on the CoCo which
copies sector by sector (no track copy. Isn't BASIC's BACKUP command
copying track-wise?). Maybe I have to write my own program using DSKI$
and DSKO$...

Aren't the MESS tools able to grab a DSK image in JV format?

Regards, Torsten