[Coco] USB floppies,

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 20:09:32 EST 2006

Hi,

For the person that was asking about using a USB floppy with am machine
already containing 2 drives.....

I have just had a play having borrowed the USB floppy from work (when I
eventually managed to locate a driver for it for Win98), it seems to
work fine, and is just assigned another drive letter as any USB drive
would be (F: in my case), you can't boot from it but it seems to be ok
for data. It of course probably would not work for reading CoCo / Dragon
floppies, but I guess that's what you'd use the "real" floppies for.

If you want me to test under XP/Linux I can do that whilst I have it but
I see no reason why that would not work also.

Hope that helps.

Phill.