[Coco] Glove Final Release.

James McKay jmckay at jmk1.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 28 11:20:12 EST 2006

"John Kowalski" <sock at axess.com> wrote in
message news:20061228023852.61BB07D153 at qs281.pair.com...

> I was unsuccessful getting the .wav version of the release to play - the
> first part loaded fine, but when it gets to the end of loading the levels
> (switched to 2nd .wav) the screen reports a loading error and keeps trying
> again - always with the same results at the 3 minute mark of the 2nd wav.

Ah.  :(

The second WAV is about 3 minutes long, so is it happening right at the end?

Did you try writing it to a tape or a direct connection from the soundcard?
I was able to get it to work even with Windows Media Player under XP (which
was a surprise).

> It's impressive how many of Gauntlet's elements are in this game.  Had
> this
> been released for the CoCo in the early 80's, it would have sold quite
> well.

Yes, I'm only 20+ years late.  ;)

> The only glitch to note is that the screens jump around a bit sometimes
> when
> it switches between the two graphics pages - This *might* only happen on a
> CoCo 3.  I'd guess it happens if the graphics page registers are only
> partially updated at the moment the CoCo 3 latches the starting address of
> the screen at the top of the frame/raster.

Ahhhh...  I was hoping that was fixed.  I'd seen it happen in CoCo 3
emulators at times.

bye,
James McKay.