[Coco] [OT] Analog computer from Radio Shack

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 13:41:33 EST 2006

Beleive it or not, the first home computer was sold in 1957! It was analog,
sold by heathkit. I saw a picture of it in one of their 1980's catalogs. It
had a bunch of dials and gages if I remember right, and looked like it would
probably fill an average sized table.

I wonder what you would compare something like that to in terms of digital
processing power? How would you compare analog to digital?

I have no doubt the CoCo 1 could handle anything even the big analog computers
could do. It would be very interesting to see a CoCo 3 graphical simulation of
an analog computer. (An emulator, even?) Not that useful of course, but still
fun!