[Coco] [OT] Analog computer from Radio Shack

John Guin johnguin at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 17 21:28:37 EST 2006

Hello all,

I just saw this on ebay (not listed by me):
http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-SCIENCE-FAIR-Radio-Shack-analog-computer-kit_W0Q
QitemZ300058420692QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's the old analog computer from RS.  What caught my eye was the
advertising tagline on the box: "As accurate as a slide rule!"

Heh.

Oddly enough, I used a slide rule quite regulary when in the navy.  It was a
bearing rate computer, for any veterans out there.  Was fast but accurate?
I guess +/- 5% is "accurate" depending on your needs.

Anyway, this computer looks pretty nice.  I can't imagine it's very
complicated by today's standards.  Does anyone know if a schematic or DIY
type of article is available anywhere for making one of these?

Thanks,
John