[Coco] Is the 6309 worth it?

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 12:42:16 EST 2006

>   I think you must have been having a bad day.

Not really. Just an anoying moring. I didn't really mean to take it out on
anyone here, but when you flame the CoCo on a CoCo newsgroup, what do you
expect?

> That was rude..

Ok, maybe a little.
> > I think you already have. You've completely discredited yourself in front
> > of
> > the whole CoCo comunity.
> >

>  Normally, I don't respond to this sort of BS but, this time I have to
> interject and say this.....
>
>  I agree with him inasmuch as the coco is slow. So what! It's an OLD
> computer!
>
>  I've other things to do while my coco is doing it's thing. I plan my
> strategies accordingly.
>
>  I use my coco to assist me in developing my websites. It is painfully
> slow... even if I used a 6309 and Nitros9(if I had that). it would be slow.

>  I use that machine to make files of HTML pages, from a file created with
> Excel.

What can Excel do that Data Master and PhantomGraph can't?

> Why? Because I can do it on a coco and I don't know how to do it on
> a PC/windows box.

The CoCo is a lot easier, isn't it?

>  While the coco is doing it's thing, I do other things. I don't just sit
> there waiting on the coco to finish the task. I am not so single minded.

Neither am I. But if the I have to wait for the CoCo, It's usualy disk access
I'm waiting for, (I have a slow hard drive) I usualy do whatever else I need
to do on the CoCo. It can multitask. But I usualy don't have to wait very long
for it.

>  Painfully slow,

At what?

> incredibly wonderfull.