[Coco] Dates for 2007 CoCoFest?

Nickolas Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 10 01:17:55 EST 2006

Finally! A wake up call for Glenside...thanks Boisy.

A website to provide the date for the next fest is a must. The site
should also list the events planned and any guests and seminars talks.

The web site should be a lure for people to attend the fest and the only
way is to advertise the event in a way that people will WANT to attend.

I admit that this takes a lot of work and planning but I'm afraid that
this is the difference between a FESTival and an annual club meeting.

It's taken a long time just to get Glenside to think about updating
their website or even create a separate CoCofest site. I assume they are
aiming for the 2007 fest and not 2009?!

I've mentioned it before but maybe a way to give the fests a boost is to
merge with a MC-10 or TRS-80 group and maybe call it a "Classic TRS-80
Fest". I don't believe it would mean less CoCo content, instead it would
make the fest more wide appealing and interesting. It may even swing a
few MC-10/TRS-80 folk over to the more powerful CoCo. Just an idea.

And if I may be totally blunt, I think we need a fresh new team working
on the CoCofest. Any takers?

Enough of my ranting.

Nick Marentes