[Coco] CoCo3 questions / Cloud 9 Super IDE interface

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 12:14:47 EST 2006

Quoting Torsten Dittel <Torsten at Dittel.info>:

>> 2) Does anybody know if the RF/AV outputs will work in the UK (although I
>> have an NTSC compatible TV)

I have a CoCo3 board and keyboard, and they work fine on my NTSC
compatible tv, so depending on your TV i'd say yes. Though I did have
to use the mods on the net to convert it for 12V operation, as I have
only the board and keyboard no PSU.

> The US machine is for 110 Volt @ 60Hz. From time to time you can get a
> pure PAL 240V 50Hz machine (it even has its special BASIC ROM to set the
> GIME to 50Hz operation) on ebay Australia (http://www.ebay.au). This
> will deliver a real PAL signal created by a daughter board from the RGB
> signal (the GIME's composite video out pin isn't connected at all).

Humm, I wonder if there's an image of that rom anywhere ? Wonder if it
would be possible to run a wire from that composite pin and use that
signal, might be better than the modulator output :)

> However, if your TV is NTSC compatible, it should work with the AV
> (composite video). You just have to look for a 240->110V transformer.

Yeah I got one of those from Maplins a few months back to run a coleco
Adam from :)

Cheers.

Phill.