[Coco] Cloud-9 Xmas sale

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Wed Dec 6 10:33:29 EST 2006

I am definitely interested in getting one of the 6309 chips. I am also
interested in the SCSI controller (preferably with clock), but I need to
think on it a little first. I am not sure if I want to grab this or wait
for the new SuperIDE device. I do know that I want to add a hard drive
(and possibly) a CD-ROM drive to my CoCo in the future.

What kind of SCSI hard drives does the SCSI controller support, and
would it support a SCSI CD-ROM drive? Also - do burners work under
NitrOS-9 (IDE or SCSI) - I would imagine I would need to buy the driver
from somebody (or at least, I remember hearing the drivers were
payware)? Does the SCSI cartridge (and for that matter, the SuperIDE)
play well with the converted MPI on a CoCo 3?

I have several SCSI hard drives - most of them are 9 gig Cheetahs (or
something like that - 10K RPM drives pulled from a RAID), and at one
time I knew what kind of SCSI they were (wide?) - they use the small and
dense "D" connector on the back, not the larger wide 50 pin connectors.
I know I have SCSI CD-ROM drives with 50 pin connectors, but I am not
sure I have any burners (being able to burn isn't a big deal).

I will send an email directly to you later this week once I know more -
hopefully I won't miss out on the 6309...

-- Andrew L. Ayers
    Glendale (Phoenix), Arizona