[Coco] [Color Computer] [coco] Shell Scripts

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sun Dec 31 15:33:42 EST 2006

I'm working on a shell script to speed things up a bit with some stuff I'm
doing between my coco and this PC. (OS-9 L2 and shell+ 2.1)

The problem  is with "uloadx" from the OS9 LII BBS package.

 When I use uloadx from a command line on the coco(through the RS232 port,
/t2), it works fine. However, when I write a shell script to do the same
thing, HyperTerminal and the coco don't seem to talk together properly.

HyperTerminal times out and gives up trying to send the file and the coco
just sits there waiting for the upload.

Here's the shell script..

tmode -pause
chd /h0/html/www
del stockcount.txt
del inventory.lzh
uloadx stockcount.txt
makeinventory
lha a -z inventory.lzh inventory/*
dloadx inventory.lzh
tmode pause

Of course, I can't run this from the coco's keyboard. So, I'm stuck when it
gets to the uloadx part.
These lines all work properly when typed in manually. The shell script does
fine up to the uloadx.
"File open, ready to recieve..."

Does anyone have a suggestion here?

George