[Coco] Re: Finally got broadband

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Mon Aug 28 12:21:17 EDT 2006

I read a lot of comparisons to speed with the old 300-2400 baud modems to broad band. Speed is relevant though! Since the internet is mostly "eye candy" now as compared to "the good old days" of mostly text, I bet we don't get a lot more information than we did at the lower speeds. Sometimes "a picture (does) speak a thousand words", but I bet 1000 words would download a lot faster than most pictures -- unless htey are on a graphic background with maybe even a graphic based font....

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"