[Coco] 512 Upgrade

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Wed Aug 9 00:23:17 EDT 2006

 It's happened to me from time to time, when I fool around with the
motherboard, for some reason the GIME chips loses a connection in it's
socket.
 Pushing in the 512k upgrade will flex the ckt board and could move the GIME
chip in it's socket.  It seems this can move it to a corroded area of the
socket.

 Whenever I get a problem with one of my cocos, a re-seating of
everything(including the GIME) is done and the problem is almost always
corrected.

 George