[Coco] 1000sx update

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 23:29:33 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/22/06 2:49:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
goosey at virgo.sdc.org writes:

>It  sort of amazing that a computer so completely unsuited to
>multitasking  could be built around the 6809...

Well, there's a quote for the ages!
Although multi-tasking did work well on my Coco, I soon learned not to  start
two procs that both had to access the hard drive -- they spent most of  their
time undoing each other's seeks.

To make a real OS-9 computer, Tandy should have put in a decent interrupt
handler, but that would have cost another big Moto chip.  Certainly when  they
went to the Coco 3 and added the GIME, with its additional interrupt  sources,
it would have been nice to separate out the clock interrupts from  everything
else.

Coco OS-9 had more funny bugs and misfeatures and wasted time with
interrupts than anything else, IMHO.  --Mike K.